We’ve gone green!
Because we care for your hair, and your world, we’ve become a proud member of the Green Salon Collective!
We recycle all our waste, and through high quality carbon offsetting projects, turn it into re-useable items, from which any profits are donated to charity. As a L’Oreal Professionel salon we’re also proud to be associated with their initiative to purify any waste chemicals, and turn them into water, which means we’re a carbon neutral eco-sustainable salon.
A bit more about how The Green Salon Collective works and how us being a member benefits you and the planet:
Green Salon Collective’s Research & Development department is working hard to advance our understanding of the impacts of our industry’s waste on people and our planet; to develop products made from waste materials such as plastic packaging, reusable rather than disposable towels or else help combat waste; and to enhance services which bring waste materials back into the loop. Talking to you, our clients, about what’s important to you and about what we’re doing to help the environment and how the Green Salon Collective works, while you’re in the salon also helps that research!
RECYCLING & EDUCATION
Beyond providing each member with starter kits, marketing material, next-day waste collections and ongoing support, Green Salon Collective also share useful education material on all matters regarding sustainability with the whole hairdressing industry. Accredited salons like us go above and beyond when it comes to looking after both people and the planet. As a Green Salon Collective Salon we’re empowered as a hairdressing business with the knowledge to operate more sustainably and to be more resilient to future industry disruptions.
RECYCLING PROFITS, TOO!
100% of any money raised from recycling your raw materials or new products made from your waste goes to charity. By recycling our profits, every month we can support charities and organisations that are close to our hearts. These currently include the following: FoodCycle, Haircuts 4 The Homeless and Mossy Earth.
This is how we do it!:
- We use waste hair to clean up oil spills, convert it to gardeners compost, or if it’s long enough donate it to wig making charities.
- We generate clean energy using discarded PPE. We even compost disposable salon towels!
- We recycle all metal waste including contaminated foil and colour tubes.
- We prevent chemical waste from entering landfill or waterways and instead burn it to generate electricity.
- We compost disposable salon towels at specialised industrial facilities.
- We prevent PPE from becoming litter or a problem for marine wildlife and instead burn it to generate electricity.
- We transform plastic waste into new products for the hair and beauty industry.
- We recycle paper waste including those pesky takeaway cups.
- We make it easy and CHEAP for businesses to convert their food waste into nutrient-rich fertiliser AND clean energy.
There is absolutely no reason why any materials should be thrown away as general waste just to end up in the ground.
With thanks to EcoOffset we can also carbon offset the emissions of our whole team or a single stylist for only £20 for a whole year!
So now we can help to keep the planet as beautiful as we keep your hair!
For more information go to www.greensaloncollective.com